Birds of Hamilton and surrounding areas - By Robert Curry
A publication of the Hamilton Naturalists' Club.
This 600-page reference book to the status of over 385 species of birds that have occurred in the Hamilton Study Area will be published in September 2006.
The Hamilton Study Area covers a 25-mile/40 km circle radius from Dundurn Castle in Hamilton, and so includes all or parts of Brant, Haldimand, Norfolk, Peel, Waterloo, Wellington and Niagara Counties.
As well as detailed accounts of each species, the book features:* 32 pages of colour photographs by such expert bird photographers as Barry Cherriere, Brandon Holden, Robert McCaw, Ken Newcombe and George Peck
* Original art by Robert Bateman, David Beadle and Peter Burke
* A provocative foreword by Fred Bodsworth
* Chapters by leading local field naturalists covering a wide range of birding projects, and the history of birding activity in the area
* Detailed colour maps of the regional hot spots and vegetation types
* Seasonal bar graphs for each species. All proceeds from this publication go to support the Hamilton Naturalists' Club Conservation projects.
To order, check the Naturalists' Club web site www.hamiltonnature.org or phone Kim or Glenn Barrett at 905-525-2142 for more information.
Return to Index